Iceland: Fire and Ice Photo Adventure
June 18-28 (2017)
Location: Iceland Fire and Ice Photo Tour
Dates: June 18-28 (2017)
Group Size: Max. 6
Instructors: Dusty Doddridge
Imagine standing on a black sand beach with blue green icebergs at your feet and the midnight sun dancing along the horizon. Perhaps no place on earth can rival Iceland for its beauty and variety for the landscape photographer. We'll be photographing glaciers, rugged coastline, geothermal features, and of course the amazing waterfalls that are the icons of Iceland. This will be an intense trip as we'll be concentrating our photography around the amazing light of the midnight sun so get some rest before you leave! Iceland is a dreamscape for the photographer so come join us for an unforgettable adventure.
• All of our instructional workshops will cover two key areas: Craft and Creativity
• This is designed for a small group so you'll receive a lot of individual instruction
Professional Craft for Landscape Photography:
• Getting fluent with your gear and developing a consistent workflow in the field
• Achieving an optimal exposure
• Managing depth of field
• Capture for multiple exposure blending
• Capture for panoramic stitching
• Using filters effectively
• Advanced strategies with neutral density filters
Creativity in the Landscape:
• Core compositional elements in the landscape
• Creative use of depth of field
• Long exposure techniques
• Learning and practicing new compositions
And we'll also do at least one image review session and share some advanced digital darkroom workflow techniques.
• Instruction in the field: craft and creative strategies for landscape photography
• Image reviews
• Instruction on digital darkroom workflow
• Lodging. You will be paired with another participant unless you request single occupancy for additional fee
• Vehicle Rental and Fuel
• Food (we'll be stopping for food between shooting times)
• Flights and all associated costs to and from Iceland
• Transport to and from the Airport (Flybus) is a low cost option.
You'll need a moderate level of fitness for this tour as we won't be taking hikes longer than 5 miles round trip. You will need a super positive attitude as we will be photographing through the night during the midnight sun. Cooperating within the group on little sleep will be required of everybody. We will be very tired, but will have a blast!
• Digital SLR Camera
• Tripod with Cable Release
• Wide Angle Lens and Telephoto Zoom Lens (We use the 16-35mm and 70-200)
• Filters: Circular Polarizer
• Lots of Memory Cards
• Extra Camera Batteries
• Micro-fiber Cloths
• Camera Bag/Backpack for Gear and Food/Water
• Laptop and Hard Drives to back up your images
• Clothing for a variety of weather conditions from including snow, wind and cold temps
• Rain Jacket and Pants
• Warm Down Layer
• Trail Shoes or Hiking Boots
• Gloves and Hat
• Plenty of Wool Socks
• Moisture Wicking Base Layer
We can give you more details on lodging and locations.
90 days or prior to day 1 of tour = Refund of all Dusty Doddridge Photography fees and deposits
60-89 days prior to day 1 of tour = Dusty Doddridge Photographywill retain tour deposit
59 days or less prior to day 1 of tour = Dusty Doddridge Photography will retain full tour tuition
It is strongly recommended that you purchase trip insurance if you need to cancel your tour and are unable to complete the tour for any reason. Dusty Doddridge Photography reserves the right to cancel the photo tour for any reason including low enrollment in the tour.
All you need to do is click the Register Here link below and tell us which tour you'd like to attend. We'll e-mail you an invoice that allows you to pay online by credit card. If it's 60 days or less prior to the start of the tour, the full tuition amount will be due in order to complete your registration. Prior to 60 days out, we'll invoice you for a deposit of 30% of the total tuition to hold your spot. We'll then invoice you again for the balance prior to the 60 day point when the full amount is due.